Protecting Your Investment
To prolong the life and exquisiteness of your product, cabinet care is a must. With the proper upkeep and routine cleaning, your cabinetry will provide years and years of satisfaction. Here are the basic cabinet maintenance tips for simple and easy cabinet care:
- Basic Cleaning - Wipe with a dampened, lint‐free cloth and promptly wipe dry. For the removal of oil, grease, or daily spills, you may use a solution of mild soap and water, and then promptly dry with a soft, lint‐free cloth. Avoid using a dishcloth or sponge to clean cabinet surfaces as it may contain remnant of harsh detergents that can harm the finish. Do not use ammonia‐based cleaners, soaps with dye, abrasive cleaners, or self‐polishing waxes.
- Wipe Spills Promptly - It is very important to keep the cabinet surfaces dry. Wipe up spills immediately using a dry cloth. Pay particular attention to the areas where water is more prevalent, like sink cabinets.
- Avoid Excessive Moisture – Avoid draping wet towels over cabinet doors. Do not attach towel racks to door interiors. Do not place coffee or tea makers where the steam will directly impact cabinet surfaces. Immediately dry off any areas where water has spilled.
- Avoid Excessive Heat – Avoid placing cabinet appliances where the heat is directed onto cabinet surfaces.
- Avoid Abrasives – You should never use scouring pads, steel wool, or powdered cleaners as these methods of cleaning may penetrate the surface, allowing food or moisture to enter and cause deterioration of the finish.
Following these simple cabinet maintenance tips, your cabinets will continue to look beautiful for years and at the same time, you will be protecting your investment!